A cyber security risk assessment is an in-depth analysis of your network and endpoints in order to detect any potential threats or risks that could hinder your business. The aim of a cyber security risk assessment is to ensure all of your cyber security measures are up to date and are protecting your business from the evolving risks that are out there. Without a risk assessment how do you know if your security measures are fully adequate in protecting your business?
“As of 2020 there has been a 48% increase in the rate of cyber crime”
Benefits of a Cyber Security Risk Assessment include:
- Identifies all of the potential risks – the risk assessment will identify any potential threats or risks that could harm your endpoints or network- both internal and external. This allows your organisation to gain an in-depth insight into what risks are out there and what changes need to be made in order to prevent these risks.
- Allows you to alter security measures accordingly- by gaining an insight into what risks and threats could potentially impact your business you can really see what security measures that you have in place are working, and the ones that are not. This allows you to make the changes necessary for full protection.
- Educates employees – risk assessments shine a light on all of the harmful threats and risks that are out there and can demonstrate to employees what opening a harmful email or clicking an untrustworthy link can really do to your business. It educates them to know the risks.
- Motivation can increase- Risk assessments can increase motivation from the employees in your organisation because not only do they want to be more thorough when working in order to not click on anything dodgy. They want to ensure that they are protecting the organisation in which they work.
- Allows room for improvement- risk assessments are always up to date with the latest cyber threats so will always show your business if it is fully up to scratch when it comes to preventing the newest of threats.
Prevention is better than cure. It is better to know if your security measures are up to scratch and safeguard your business before it’s too late.
Call us on 0330 400 5465 for your risk assessment with us here at CSG!